View Single Post
Old 12th January 2022, 18:11   #24
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Teddy View Post
I have not fitted a new oxygen sensor as yet although a quick chat with a chap who worked on these says there are two sensors,thanks Suzublu. I started the car this morning still strugging ( started on second try and then stopped) tried again and we were away. What I was aware of when it was warming up was a slight smell of oil in the exhaust fumes although no blue smoke, but was there all the same. I did check inside of oil cap but was clean as HGF was approx 3-4k ago.Took it on a five mile run and and again runs without any issues. So still remains elusive ! Cheers Paul
There are 2 oxygen sensors, but the second serves no active purpose in the running of the car - the most it can do is put the check engine light on if it detects the catalytic converter is not working adequately.

Given that its now struggling to start, not just run, I don't think the O2 sensors are the problem anyway.

Check your coolant for signs of oil - not just the obvious mayo but even just a film on the top of the fluid in the reservoir. 3-4k is prime time for repeat HGF if an MLS gasket has been fitted over flush or uneven liners.
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote