View Single Post
Old 24th December 2019, 08:42   #17
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

UPDATE - First of all thanks to T-Cut for his input and Jules for the fan threads.

Followed Haynes manual and bled system. No real change on run out. Actually looked at the dial gauge (not just the trip meter section 19 subsection 7 readout which was at 115). Needle got to just past 11 o'clock. The odd thing is I pulled over, stopped for no more than 3-5 minutes, restarted and needle at 9 (although I forgot to re-instate the OBD) mile or two down the road and needle on the way back up - should've reinstated the OBD. This happened twice. Can only have covered 15- 20 miles overall.

It's a new thermo or I'd think it was stuck shut although the top hose is hot. I've left it overnight and will check the coolant level when the awaited delivery van arrives and I can get out of the house.

I think I'll have to drop the coolant and try flushing the block and rad as per Haynes. The only problem being lack of access to a hosepipe. I can only think that there's a persistent airlock or a blockage. Just have to do one thing at a time. Garage think I'm making a fuss and it's just Rover electrics and probably a faulty sender.

By the way the heater blows cold and also failed the demist test. But as you say, it shouldn't heat up that fast anyway and plan to sort that first and move on from there.

Away to Scotland Boxing Day, probably in the Alhambra. It takes that at least 10 miles to get up to temp if not longer (also a diesel). Thing is the 75 engine is up to 167k, over 70k mine, and sounds better than the Alhambra which is at 98k, of which 31k mine!

Thanks for your interest.

JohnnyBG
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote