View Single Post
Old 18th April 2021, 19:28   #159149
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I did up an old bike full of good intentions years ago. First thing I discovered is hills had appeared where there were never hills before! Gave up on the idea when an artic nearly collected me while overtaking, the trailer forced me into the gutter and actually brushed my shoulder
Looks good but you can keep the pot of coleslaw.
We always ride off road on public rights of way. We are lucky here as the river is only a mile or so down the road and there is a cycle way on both sides,so we can start at Newburn, head west to Wylam on the old railway line past Stephenson’s cottage . That is about 4.5 miles and if we want we can go on over the old railway bridge across the Tyne to Prudhoe, another 3 miles . Or when we reach Wylam old station,we can cross the river and ride back along the south side heading east,well up until the end of March you could but due to a land slip that path is partially closed. Alternatively we could start from Newburn and ride east along the old railway track again almost as far as the town(Newcastle), Again crossing the river at Blaydon picking up another right of way and come back to the south side of Newburn bridge which is about 3 miles each way. One day we plan to pick up the path from the south end of Scotswood bridge at Blaydon and ride down to the coast. I’m with you Steve regarding coleslaw, aaful stuff that