View Single Post
Old 31st December 2021, 14:43   #12
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

The memorial stone at the final resting place of Guy Gibson's famous black labrador, Nigger, had for many decades displayed its name without problem. There were two mentions of the name on the original memorial, one as a header above the main text and the other within that main text. Both of those references were removed when the grave, together with a bit our country's history, was desecrated. The original stone was removed and replaced with one without the header and with the text changed to a mere reference to "the dog". I lay the blame for this type of stuff with the White Luvvies, the White Woke and the White Non-Jobbers who have so infested the public payroll.

Nigger's new memorial is a victory for them, but only a partial one I suspect. Because if truth be known these are the characters would have liked to have seen the memorial stone removed and never replaced. And to support that act they are no doubt the characters who would revel in spreading false rumour about Nigger's demise and final resting place. That regardless of a little known fact which throws a very large spanner in their cogs of thinking: More than four decades after the event a paper believed to be original from WW2 was found purely by chance at RAF Scampton. The paper detailed what had happened to Nigger and where he was buried. It had a sketch with an X marking the very spot in front of 2 hangar close to Guy Gibson's office. The paper was a letter of explanation from FS George Powell to Guy Gibson himself - both men being members of 617 Sqn at that time. It confirmed that Nigger was buried around midnight on the very night of the dam raids while they were in progress.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 31st December 2021 at 14:46..