View Single Post
Old 31st December 2021, 18:52   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
The memorial stone at the final resting place of Guy Gibson's famous black labrador, Nigger, had for many decades displayed its name without problem. There were two mentions of the name on the original memorial, one as a header above the main text and the other within that main text. Both of those references were removed when the grave, together with a bit our country's history, was desecrated. The original stone was removed and replaced with one without the header and with the text changed to a mere reference to "the dog". I lay the blame for this type of stuff with the White Luvvies, the White Woke and the White Non-Jobbers who have so infested the public payroll.

I think you and others like you should reflect on and be honest with yourselves as to why you consider matters such as this dog's name to be precious. Is it because you really consider the dog's name to be of historical importance as an integral part of the British heritage/history, in which case how many other dogs' names do you hold equally important (e.g. armed forces dogs), or is it more the case that the issue reflects your general feeling on matters of race and equality.

Every day, society is learning that things which were once considered acceptable are no longer considered acceptable by the majority. Using terms and names such as the n-word may have been considered acceptable once, but the majority of reasonable and thinking people no longer consider that to be the case. People who consider it acceptable to use terms which cause offence to sections of the population are a dying breed, literally, for I spend a lot of time with youngsters who would never dream of using such terms. You may describe them as 'White Luvvies, the White Woke and the White Non-Jobbers', in contrast I would describe them as enlightened and the future of a very different society with different norms and higher values.

Happy new year!