View Single Post
Old 12th January 2022, 09:41   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
It shouldn't be an issue up for discussion really but it is, like I said, only the unjabbed would be at risk would they not? A penniless man would steal food to feed his family and the coercion, threats and direct discrimination against personal choice should be a matter for any government but, they're complicit in these actions. In a situation as described, I'd support anyone forced to go to work with the virus and lie about it, the vaccines work so what's the problem with that? I think we know what the problem is, the vaccines are like painting the Forth bridge and may be a future problem for many people.
It's not wrong for people to expect to be treated equally in a supposed fair society, and that's why the divisions over covid and vaccines will not heal for a long time, I suspect many people will be taking a long look at their lives and changing many things after this is over. I'm lucky, I don't work for Ikea or anyone that discriminates so, it won't be my issue to choose to go to work with the virus. There are too many in society that have taken sides against the unjabbed and those people need to take a long hard look at themselves, the holier than thou attitude that many have had is a problem for them, not people like me. Remember, the sheep run away from the Wolf to end up being slaughtered by the shepherd that looks after them.

Whenever someone places a comment on social media there is the chance the comment will be discussed.
Are you suggesting it is ok to put the unjabbed at risk?
I agree the jabbed should be fine but as they too can pass it on, you give it to them, they give it to an unjabbed.
I totally get the stealing to feed scenario but that was not how the comment was put across and in this case, there is the option not to steal.

I think Ikea are wrong. Why should Ikea or any company be put to trouble because their staff choose not be be vaccinated and are then off sick with covid? Everyone should have the choice about what goes into their bodies.
As you can see from my comment, I really cant find a right solution.
If companies get away with reduced sick pay for covid will a "broken leg done skiing" also warrant reduced sick pay? Where does it end? I don't think this is black and white and we need to see if from all angles, employees and employers.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote