View Single Post
Old 16th September 2019, 11:38   #5
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Thanks chaps. Would agreed value insurance (if I could get it) be a lot more expensive than a standard policy?
The price depends on various factors for example where you live, your age, if you are married or not and if anyone else is going to be driving your car. The other ones are, accident and traffic offences, garage or kept on the road, any modifications, do you own a property - sometimes they ask about that..... will you be using the car for commuting, work etc Mentioning you are a member of this club helps bring the premium down

I have a mileage restriction of 5,000 miles per year, but over the past 3 years I have driven no more than 3K in a year. My 75 has an agreed valuation of double its market value in the event of a write off (Classic car insurance).

What you could do, is ring up the various insurance companies offering classic car insurance. Ring or google online, the choice is yours

Have your answers ready and then do a comparison. Last year when I moved from London to Bristol, my premium dropped significantly. The usual spec once agreed is to submit 7 photos of your car and a copy of the MOT as proof of mileage. Happy hunting
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote