View Single Post
Old 7th November 2019, 16:46   #1
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts
Default These inexpensive SOLAR Powered Trickle Battery Chargers work very well.

My "spare" MG ZT-T 1.8T has been on SORN for several months. I plan to strip the Power Unit, fit Cylinder Liner Shims and generally refurbish the engine. When I replaced the CHG a few years ago some of the cylinder liners were a close flush worry. Could be simply a matter of time. It's a nice example and well worth the time, work and expense.

So, need to turn the car around to make access to the engine compartment better. Put a Multi-Meter on its Battery and pleased to see a healthy 12.73 volts. That due to disconnecting the battery from the car and using a Solar Powered Trickle Battery Charger for at least six months now. Obviously that has done exactly what it says on the tin and the 1.8T started within a second of turning the key.

Beautiful sunny day and I was tempted to spend more time on it having drained all the coolant. Too cold and it gets dark by about 4 pm making working conditions less inviting. These images show the pleasing result using the Battery Solar Powered Trickle Charger. Obviously work well :~

Have several of these trickle chargers and they are proving very useful
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0111.jpg (124.8 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0122.jpg (118.3 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0107.jpg (124.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0110.jpg (119.2 KB, 60 views)
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote