View Single Post
Old 15th February 2017, 13:04   #2
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejaytee View Post
Hello all,

Having read the previous and historical threads in regards to front springs, I imagined my Tourer would be fine in regards to this issue as it's not generally thought to affect these models. However, getting in my car today to go on a short journey, there was a 'bang', and I wondered what was up. It transpired that the nearside spring had snapped....triggered only by me sitting in the car, prior to even starting the engine or touching the steering wheel.

My car has only 50K on the clock and is generally a lovely car. Clearly it's worth renewing front springs on both saloons and Tourers as soon as is practical..... I don't even want to consider what could have happened if I had been out on the road...!

Have any other Tourer owners had broken springs?
I started a thread on this pet hate of mine just recently, if you read it through you will get all the info you require. Mine went the same, at the time I threw my toys out of the pram and stupidly got rid of a fantastic car. There was initially a call back by Rover due to this fault, but when they went bust it was never implemented. In my initial post, just a few months ago I posted a copy of the recall on the post and thread,,,, should help you a lot. To be honest every time I get in my latest acquisitions a 2003 Tourer I wait for the bang!!!
Have a look under Caskin,I think we ended up with about 15 pages!
When repaired make certain you get protectors fitted it "Should" save your tyre!!
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote