View Single Post
Old 11th September 2019, 10:08   #13
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Have you been in contact with DMRGS? I most certainly would so that he knows about the situation. Wrong tensile strength is/ could lead to a serious accident and they need to know so they can put it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Simon.
Drop Matt or is new partner a PM and see if they will reinburse you for the nut & bolts, I read that they are working on a phone number so they can be called? which is going to be better at least then you can talk to him/them direct.

Are the arms etc the ones made in India or China ? I am waiting for the new batch to come on the market before I purchase some for the future.
Mat says a tensile rating of 8.8 on an M12 bolt will be equivalent to a yield strength of at least 600MPa, possibly more since they're high quality bolts made in the UK.

This table says minimum yield strength is 640 MPa (for all sizes below 16mm) - https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-i...ade-chart.aspx. If the Rimmers bolts FC112187A are tensile rating 10.9 (post 7), then they'd have a minimum yield strength of 940 MPa, or nearly 50% more.

I don't know how accurate that table is. I also don't know how torque settings relate to minimum yield strengths. The table defines yield strength as "The maximum load at which a material exhibits a specific permanent deformation" - so logically, minimum yield strength must mean the minimum (smallest, lowest, least) maximum load at which a material exhibits a specific permanent deformation. Wot?
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote