View Single Post
Old 29th March 2020, 07:59   #1
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default Oldest Bit Of Clothing

About fifteen years ago I walked into the work car park, alongside a female colleague who remarked that my clothing was "very seventies". I was dressed in my tracksuit ready for my cycle ride home, and told her that in fact that suit was something I had to buy when in college (it was like a uniform), and that would have been in 1970. I didn't use it for anything else other than my cycle ride to and from home (weather permitting).

I am pretty tight fisted and that's why I have never changed shape since those college days, in the fear I would have to buy some new clothes to accommodate those changes; spend money?

I do realize that some of my clothes are older than most of my relations but I consider it a waste to throw something out in the name of fashion. There's that danger I might have to spend to replace it.

I decided not to cycle to work this weekend due to the wind speed, but had I done so, I would still be wearing that tracksuit. With only minor repairs, I thought it was pretty good for forty years, but just to emphasize my age and forgetfulness, I realized this morning that it is in fact fifty years old.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote