MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
8.8 throw them in the bin and buy the proper items

BOLT for eight

STIFFNUT
for four

And only apply coppaslip sparingly to the plain shank part of the bolt, and NOT the threaded section, as these are patchloc and more importantly are 10.9 tensile strength

I cannot believe DMGRS supplied standard M12 bolts, non flanged and of incorrect tensile strength, put into context the maximum torque that can be applied to an 8.8 M12 bolt is 70Nm...........so how does that compute with a bolt that is specified to be tightened to 120Nm.

I will let that sink in for a minute before the horror of what I've just said crystallises in your mind, absolutely disgraceful disregard for safety

Brian
Oh dear.

I thought that DMGR's would have sorted this by now.

I purchased the complete kit to fix my Dad's ZT-T. It failed it's MOT on a fractured coli spring, and having removed the coil spring small sections of the upper arm had rusted through. I got the bolt kit out of the envelope and should have trusted my better judgement but assumed (my mistake) that these would have been supplied as a suitable alternative.

Snapping the upper arm to sub frame bolt whilst tightening to the required torque I realised my mistake.

They have an email from me.

I will now have to drop the sub frame again to try and get the sheared thread section out of the captive nut and arm. Not happy is an understatement.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote