View Single Post
Old 14th December 2021, 09:55   #30
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
In your opinion, what happened between lap 1 and 48 does not matter? Equally, what happened in the previous races, ie their results, matters not also? Or did you simply not see any of the race beyond clips on news websites, or stills on tabloid newspapers?

You speak of the unfair advantage of the last few laps only, how about the unfair advantage of the first lap gained by Hamilton? Only one driver can claim to be treated unfairly?

By the logic of your opinion, there is no point in running any further races, and simply hand the trophy to Hamilton.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, in MINE, yours is flawed based upon the whole ethos of any competitive sporting event!
Paragraph 1---No.

Paragraph 2---If Hamilton hadn't swerved there would have been a collision to Verstappen's advantage. ( A cunning way to become world champion.)

Paragraph 3---Another race side by side over one lap: both on new tyres.

Paragraph 4---I wasn't speaking about the whole Ethos; just the end of that race.

My opinion. ---If all of the lapped cars had been allowed to pass, the race would have been over. Hamilton would have crossed the finish line first. Verstappen would not have had enough time to get to the front.

Just letting 5 cars through took away the advantage Hamilton had by the last couple of laps.

The controler's comment to Toto to let them race was rubbish because at that point one car had a tremendous advantage over the other.--( New tyres. )

My point of view coincides with that of Mercedes.--Unfortunately yours does not.

As they say-----There's more than one way to skin a cat.---
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The paint's off..jpg (10.6 KB, 10 views)
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote