View Single Post
Old 19th July 2019, 20:00   #1
deltic08
Avid contributor

52 ZT 190 Solar Red. 54 ZT 190 SE Ignition Blue. 54 ZT 190 SE Rio Red. 05 ZT 1.8T Aurora

Default ZTT tailgate release

Firstly I have to apologise for only posting when I am in trouble and need help.

I bought an unloved facelifted V6 ZTT se in August 2018 as a project only because it was in Poseidon flip paint. I assumed there are few of these left although I know Fusilier has one. It had a valid MOT until May 2019, 113,000 on the clock with rusty front wings and sills. It is SORN'd because I had a stroke in early 2018 and still cannot drive on the highway. It is regularly started and moved up and down my drive and battery kept in tip top condition on charge every other weekend.

It has always been slow to release but last time I opened the whole tailgate from the lower handle, the release was a long time, 3-4 seconds, activating after squeezing. The next day it wouldn't activate at all. Now I can only use the glass release to get into the load space.

Is it just a dicky release handle that needs replacing and how do I release the tailgate to get at it or is there a fuse that may have blown? Electrics are not my thing.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Adrian.
deltic08 is offline   Reply With Quote