View Single Post
Old 10th March 2021, 11:06   #12
first-things-first
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Hi,even worse for us bikers ...
I think the local council "engineers" who "look after" the roads should ride a motorbike (or better still) cycle one using a road bike and skinny tyres. Then they will get a "feel" for how badly surfaced the roads are (even before the pot holes).

Saying that, my local outer London council has re-surfaced quite a few main roads. And to my shock the contractor has done a good job! Properly surfaced (no loose rubbish), taken care of drain covers, etc. alignment. I believe they dig up the existing surface and re-use it with fresh asphalt. Shame it only took them 10+ years in some cases.

They are using up their budget before year end. To retain the same level next year is I think how the game goes ...

I can actually cycle without being forced to take up so much lane, whereas before I had to be very aware of "cycle potholes" and badly surfaced areas and use the road for my safety.

I'm actually running out of badly surfaced roads!

The next council, Essex often use the age old "chuck some gravel over tarmac", which means the surface underneath is as f'ed up as ever and just covered over. Why bother? The surface is lethal for weeks as the loose gravel is a hazard when cornering.
first-things-first is offline   Reply With Quote