View Single Post
Old 10th March 2021, 12:13   #14
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

The bad roads in our country infuriates me.

We all claim 'they are particularly bad by me' which can only mean they really are that bad everywhere across the country.

Here in Cardiff there's a nasty habit by the council of fixing potholes so poorly that they are disintegrating again within a matter of a week or two.
I genuinely think my 4 month old daughter could fix a pothole better.

I think there is a systemic problem whereby councils farm out the repairs to third parties who don't care about the quality of the work and just grab the cash and run, effectively.
There's also nobody to hold them to account, as there rarely ever is where public money is concerned.

Also agree with others here about traffic calming measures in particular speed bumps being a nightmare.

The speed cushions are the worst as the inclination is to straddle them so you're not a nuisance on the road and they chew up the inside shoulder of your tyres and over time mess up your alignment.

The main road near me has a school on it so a few years ago it went down to a 20 and down went the speed bumps.

Yes, it is safer at 20 for children but it also massively increases pollution.
I've driven quite a few different cars and none of them are happy in 3rd gear at 20mph so you have to drop down to 2nd - higher revs = more pollution.

To top that off the school closed two years ago and is now nearly all demolished but of course, the 20mph limit and the speed bumps remain.
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote