View Single Post
Old 10th March 2021, 13:49   #18
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Wigan Roads.

The roads around here are terrible and potholed with no sign of repairs anytime soon, it's got to the point where you can't drive anywhere in a straight line. I've long been Mr angry at the state of the roads and it's just getting worse everyday. I despair when I see utility companies digging up the roads as it's very likely going to be a shoddy repair job afterwards, I think there should be a national standard of road repairs that are backed by laws, I also think utility companies should not be allowed to finish on Fridays and come back on Mondays to carry on. I was once passing through a German town behind a truck with hot tarmac on it, the truck stopped and a few men got out and proceeded to start filling a pothole, it seemed that they drove around looking for potholes to fill without forms in triplicate being filled out. If UK councils had similar work teams, the problems wouldn't get as bad long term and costs would be saved, there's a machine that does the job but councils won't buy one or split a cost with another council. The first lockdown last year provided the chance for councils to do many road repairs but guess what?
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote