View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2021, 14:41   #108
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
How reliable are you finding these cars?

I have just read What Cars owners reliability survey report of electric and hybrid cars. They list the top ten and the worst bottom three. The top 10 all have a very high reliability score in the high 90% and all look very good with only minor faults recorded and easy quick repairs. The worst is the Tesla S which comes out at the very bottom of all types of engines as well as electric with only 60% reliability. The MG ZS EV however comes out in the 80% range with the second worse electric score The reports say the faults are all major ones including batteries, motors etc. putting the cars off the road for a while.

I did consider one but in the end last month got a conventional petrol car after looking into overall buying costs range and charger availability. Travelling around and not seeing many convenient charging points and reading on line owners saying that they often had difficulty finding working available points I put it off for now. Now reading this as the ZS was on price and range the favorite I think for now I made the correct choice.

I've never had a moments trouble with my MGZS, It's a really nice relaxing car to drive. There has been problems however with quite a few owners very ticked off with MG UK. The most problems are arising from a bad BMS software update (which has now been rectified) but the people whose cars had this bad software update are having to spend hours balancing their battery packs practically everyday from around 430V back up to to 450V which apparently will take weeks to get them re-balanced & the range back to normal
I was lucky my car just missed this update

Some people are finding out that the range is terrible if you're using it to travel up & down the motorways daily at 70mph+ day in & day out. But that boils down to them not researching the car enough as to the actual range you'd get at these speeds before they bought it.

The public charging network is woefully inadequate at present & the majority of complaints about the ecotricity "electric highway" public chargers will be fixed by September this year, The company who bought out ecotricity is replacing every single one of them in the entire country by September
https://www.transport-network.co.uk/...-by-2025/17343

I cant really speak about public chargers as I've never even used one yet despite owning this since January

My wife & I can get by very easily using our home charger.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto

Last edited by Lancpudn; 2nd July 2021 at 15:48..
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote