Thread: Freedom Day.
View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2021, 15:44   #27
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Unfortunately the council we have been landed with is not car friendly and it has spent a lot of years plotting against it. The town centre (sorry Gatesy boy, the Queen's english dictates that it is centre and not center ) has over the years been turned into a Hill of Difficulty for motorists. So with that in mind, I decided to take a chance and use the local metro during the summer of 2019.

A little over halfway into the journey I felt a little chill coming from the base of the seat, the little chill soon turned to a feeling of dampness. When I got up to get off I did indeed see a damp patch on the seat and I cursed my luck for having picked such a seat, which I assumed had previously been occupied by someone afflicted with incontinence. A wrong assumption as I later came to realise - Queen's english again Gatesy, realise and not realize. However I had a prearranged appointment to attend so I had to make my way to it regardless. At the appointment I sat at a table on one of those hard plastic chairs, and guess what? When I got up to leave I could clearly see that some of the moisture had transferred to it and was clearly there to see. Oh the embarrassment, why me, I said to myself. I pushed the chair under the table before anyone else could see and quickly left the building.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote