View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2021, 10:16   #8
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Did some digging in my email and found this from Tim of the 260 forum. I emailed asking what he could tell me about 003, this was back in 2014:

One of the development cars and the oldest road worthy 260, so some history there.

Came off the production line on 18th July 2002 and was registered as a test car to MGR. When the company went into administration 003 was marked for destruction along with all the other dev cars however this changed as the car was in working order so was put through for sale to maximise the receipts for the debtors.

There is no record of any crashes etc, however you’ll need to be aware that some bits in the engine bay did not make it to the full production car. These were electrical and air breathing in nature and I would say are not a big issue but if you were trying to keep it original may need a good understanding of cars. That said you can always talk to the members on the forum who have the best knowledge base around.

***** the previous owner though liked the car for what it was did not have much mechanical knowledge so did not have much interest in making sure it ran well. Not saying there is something wrong with the car but will need an enthusiast to keep it tip-top.

I found the photos Paul took but they're not a great representation of the car as its covered in frost!

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 23rd July 2021 at 10:49..
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote