View Single Post
Old 4th June 2022, 20:54   #8
JefferiesFarnol
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks for your thoughts.

I will try taking the revs up out of gear to rule that out but mine is a 1.8 non-turbo so it won't be anything to do with the turbo.

I've been meaning to set up a recording one day to try to get the noise and upload it here, it only really comes up in that period in 1st gear where you're sort of having to ride the clutch for a second as you move off which is what made the think it was part of the clutch assembly.

I don't think I'd be that confident trying the car on axle stands as my drive is gravel but maybe I'll get up the courage, it's a good suggestion to rule out the engine mounts. I think I'm like you, I can be quick pinickity and often don't follow the mantra of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I'm sure this is nothing major to worry about but it's nice to eliminate them when you can.

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading the master cylinder to the all metal one from dmgrs one of these days but I've got some leak fixing, a powerfold retrofit and the fabled orange clip to fit proactively first!
JefferiesFarnol is offline   Reply With Quote