View Single Post
Old 17th February 2020, 13:09   #18
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The head of the bolt for the upper arm is visible from under the car.
The upper arm bolt isn't the one referred to in the RAVE p808 text quoted in post 15. They're talking about the bolt that the secures the trailing arm bush to the toe-in adjuster bracket, represented by this blue dotted line.

This bolt cannot be torqued on the car - it's impossible because the bolt head and the nut are completely covered by that flat plate on the bracket.

Quote:
If you have already tightened to 100, I would loosen them off once you have the car on 4 wheels and then tighten to the correct torque.
I've already tightened the three blue bolts indicated below to 100Nm. They're easy to get at so I'll loosen them off and re-tighten once the weight is on the rear suspension.

Quote:
If you have had the trailing arms off then I would suspect you will need to have the tracking checked
Yes, the rear wheel tracking (via toe adjuster) and the front wheel tracking will both need to be done again.

This text on RAVE p807 is an attempt to get the bracket back on in exactly the same position as it was in before you took it off:

14. Reference mark trailing arm bush bracket to body to aid assembly.
15. Align trailing arm bracket with reference marks and tighten bolts to 100Nm.

It doesn't work because the reference marks I made around the bracket (before I took it off) got obliterated when I cleaned up and repainted the whole area with POR15.
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote