Thread: Deadlocking
View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2020, 11:22   #9
Scimdaz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
If it is deadlocked then breaking windows will not help as all the internal handles are disabled..
Just to confirm what you all already know, I resorted to professional help (my breakdown cover - I had been holding off in case, when I got in, I needed them to take the car to a garage. Not want ing to get into an argument about it being a repeat call-out for the same fault....). Anyway the nice lady on the phone assured me that their operatives carried a "lock out kit that can get into any car...."

Not Rover 75s it can't.

The breakdown chap crawled underneath and tried the power to the starter - a little more "success" than me in that he got the alarm to go off while his power pack was connected. The key fob flashed the indicators, as they normally do when operated, and there was a feint click, that sounded a like a solenoid trying to do its' thing to my untrained ears, but none of the 5 doors opened. (This was the same as when I tried previously) and his lock-out kit (an airbag to open the doorframe a bit and a bendy wire to pull the door handle) did nothing but pull the door handle. Clearly the deadlocking is deadlocked. I'm going to have another go at the bonnet today but, to be honest, I'm not sure now whether actually getting a fresh battery on is going to do anything other than set the alarm off...........

Last edited by Scimdaz; 23rd August 2020 at 11:47..
Scimdaz is offline   Reply With Quote