View Single Post
Old 7th July 2021, 09:13   #6
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Subject Access Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
Well no reply to the letter, getting stonewalled by the fraud team.
Amazon will not give me any reason for the lack of a refund, when they have the goods back and also my payment.

So got my Bank to create a retail dispute , and waiting upon the result
C.
I know I bleat on about these fairly regularly - but I have never had one fail to get a company that owes me money to actually take me seriously.

The most recent was Vodafone who failed to cancel an internet access service plan back in 2016. I didn’t notice as it was only £6 a month. I changed provider when I retired and got a debt collection agency letter threatening all sorts.

Got no sense at all out of Vodafone whose only response was “Pay up or we will take you to court”.

A Subject Access Request changed all that!

It forced them to print of and send me the entire file (nearly an inch thick A4 “book” - and it soon became clear what had happened.

I then threatened to formally complain and ultimately go to the financial ombudsman unless they refunded me the overpaid amount.

The repaid me nearly £600 in total with the interest.

So if I may Ceedy - I recommend a bit of research with the ICO website (really good!) and sending Amazon a SAR.

They then have 30 days to respond WITH FULL DETAILS OF THE AUDIT TRAIL OF HOW THE EVENTS CAME ABOUT or they are breaking the law.

(Note - one trick we are seeing more of is the company/organisation not responding at all initially for 30 days and then saying they need to confirm your identity via a utility Bill (address) and Photo ID (identity) - this then allows them to set the 30 day clock from the date they receive your ID documents - so we now pre-empt this by including certified copies of a utility bill and photo ID Driving License.)

Based upon our previous successes - I strongly suggest you send them an SAR as soon a possible.

I virtually guarantee it will make them treat you with a bit of respect and common decency.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote