View Single Post
Old 25th February 2022, 17:32   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
Hello again....I tend to agree with your assessment, car is on axle stands at the moment. But as stated cannot apply handbrake as it is totally free moving as is the adjuster, no tension on handbrake whatsoever making it totally useless,with no ability to tension cables.
To remove the center consul is a dockyard job, but Im convinced that's where the problem lies.
I'm fully prepared to cut an access hole in the center consul to access compensator?
Trouble is I have no idea as to where to cut in order to access brake cables?

Do not understand your comment regarding tin cover?
Are you saying there is a tin cover in the car that I can remove to access cables?

I'm thinking that by my easing off adjuster that somehow the handbrake adjuster fitment/cable has come adrift?

How does the cable connect to the handbrake inside the car?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but removing center consul is not an option,

wow hang on, At the back of the console there is a cubby hole or ashtray, remove it and there are two screws or bolts underneath, these need to be removed. Move seats back as far as they go, they will leave a screw each side of the console visible, these need to be removed. I'm not sure if there are any others in the side. lift the front portion of the rear set and unhook the carpet. Move seats forward and you can them fold carpet forwards. removing the front seats may make things easier. prop the rear of the console up with a bit of wood. I think there is then a metal shield under the console, this may need removing.

the cables to the rear hook into the compensator. The front cable also hooks in. there is a little black clip holding i think the front cable into the compensator, it is underneath. I cant really recall about the black clip but it should be there.

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 25th February 2022 at 17:34..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote