View Single Post
Old 9th September 2018, 14:21   #7
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

I Have Halford 8 stage smart charger (think its made by Ring) similar to C Tek specs and size.

I wired my equivalent Weather proof comfort cable to the battery terminals then connected it to the charger under the bonnet, routed the wire over the plenum drain( leaving the connection under the bonnet) then under the wing edge by the A pillar door hinges and over the rubber door seal (never had any leaks) and into the glove box where its sat for 2 years.
This has meant I can charge/condition the battery by putting an extension lead in the footwell and locking the car with the extension lead coming out over the bottom door seal. Open the door ,open glovebox plug in lock door 20 seconds Done!
If I ever need it for my other car I can have it out in 30 seconds with crocodile clip accessory cable. But I find it very handy secure and quick as I don't drive my MG ZTT often and like to keep the battery charged.
Not the same as some Bentleys that have exactly the same setup in their boots, but its been fine for me.
Paul .
P.s make sure its positioned correctly where it passes the A pillar door hinge so it doesn't get caught or chaff.