View Single Post
Old 21st September 2020, 20:53   #5
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

reminds me of when i did my rear shocks renewal couple of years back. i had the same problem. i ordered my shocks on line from a company advertising genuine mgrover spares. cannot recall the name. they were supposed to be saiac (probably spelt wrongly) original and were to fit the rover 75 ... but they were too short !! i got a refund and bought some sachs from ecp . the length was longer on the ecp ones as i even took my measuring tape with me and fully extended them befor i paid my money. the reason being the ones that i purchased from ebay were for the contempory rover 75 and these i believe had the same setup as the mgzt..... shorter. it must also follow that the springs may be of different lengths and the setups have been mixed probably. i also had to jack up the arms to fit them and thay were on the stops fully extended position from word go. i did go around the block once with them fitted and almost took off and landed at the rear over the slow down humps !! took them straight off and refitted my oldies back on. get the spring colours right and then the shocks !! or you may be ok with just a shocker length change.
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote