View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2020, 08:01   #7
YMGF
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks all for your replies.
I believe the shocks are correct for the car as they are Delphi type G and identical to the originals.
The only things that are different are the springs. My label under seat had lost it's text so following a discussion here I decided to buy white code diesel springs on the basis that there would be little difference at the rear between by 2.5 and a diesel. In any case, as type G shocks apply across all saloon models they would be the same on a diesel.
I couldn't find length spec for the Delphi shocks, but TRW list their lengths as 604 and 379mm, so a stroke of 225mm. This is nothing like my original or new ones, both of which have a stroke of approx 110mm. Maybe coincidence, but measuring mine from under the top plate to centre eye does give 604mm. Does anyone know how shocks should be measured? Is it from top of piston rod to centre of eye?
I certainly can't get either the originals or new to extend further and I can't believe it should be necessary to jack up the suspension so far to even get close to aligning shock to the arm. I'm clearly missing something fundamental
TC, would you mind confirming the make/spec of your shocks please.
Thanks,
Michael.

Last edited by YMGF; 22nd September 2020 at 09:50.. Reason: Update.
YMGF is offline   Reply With Quote