View Single Post
Old 21st December 2021, 08:26   #73
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
I wonder if the wind stops blowing or is blowing to hard so wind turbines cant then produce power and you have cloudy weather reducing solar panels to 50%
in this brave new world of sole reliance on electrical consumption, i doubt there
will be enough base load power supply to keep the power grid operating.
My guess is it will still be fossil fuel power generation that will be needed to bail out the green power consumption at times like that.
Im sorry to say, all these people talking this green new revolution as the fix all
are in for a reality check.
In the end,One thing you cant fudge is reality!

It would be unaffordable with the upcoming ETS carbon pricing carbon pricing levied on it, It hasn't started yet & the price of carbon credits is already at a record high & slated to top €100/metric tonne by the end of this month, That's enough to put 80p on the gallon of petrol/diesel right now, What it will be in two years time is anybodies guess but I doubt it will be coming down.

Reading the latest news from transport minister Trudy Harrison yesterday, we probably wont need any more electricity production.

"Shared mobility must become ‘the norm’ across the UK, says Transport Minister, Trudy Harrison.
Addressing the Collaborative Mobility UK (CoMoUK) annual shared transport conference, Trudy Harrison said the country needs to move away from ’20th-century thinking centred around private vehicle ownership’ and introduce ‘greater flexibility, with personal choice and low carbon shared transport.’ "

https://airqualitynews.com/2021/12/2...says-minister/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote