Thread: Electric cars
View Single Post
Old 21st December 2021, 18:44   #76
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post

Reading the latest news from transport minister Trudy Harrison yesterday, we probably wont need any more electricity production.

"Shared mobility must become ‘the norm’ across the UK, says Transport Minister, Trudy Harrison.
Addressing the Collaborative Mobility UK (CoMoUK) annual shared transport conference, Trudy Harrison said the country needs to move away from ’20th-century thinking centred around private vehicle ownership’ and introduce ‘greater flexibility, with personal choice and low carbon shared transport.’ "

https://airqualitynews.com/2021/12/2...says-minister/

That is a a great idea but totally inpractical, so when you get you car out you start ringing round to see who else needs a lift to where you are going? I can see the shared lift to work as a good idea but if anybody else has tried that in the past rarely works unless you all work the same shifts and live within a few miles of each other.

For me part of the driving experince is having what I want on the radio or what ever I am listening too, probably louder than a passenger would like and I want the car the temp I want not someone in the passenger seat saying it is too hot or cold.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote