View Single Post
Old 20th February 2021, 15:34   #3
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Lesson learnt. I went with an old friend, a lady indeed, to have a look at a Citroen many years ago at a garage in Birmingham. Quite surprised how good it looked, and perfect inside, tyres good, no dinks on bodywork. Really highly polished to within an inch of its life. I asked if they could put it up on the ramp so I could have a look underneath. ‘Well we are a bit busy at the moment (nobody else was in the garage). I said I have been asked to have a look at your car by this lady, it’s not for me. Oh ok, we will put it up for you. When I looked the bottom was almost falling out of it. Never said anything to them. Asked about the mot, and was told that they would get it mot’d for her. I asked how much they were willing to spend to get it through and was told ‘oh it will fly through’. We walked away. About 18 months down the line, the same garage was took to court for selling substandard vehicles, and giving out bent mot’s. Lesson learnt again. If they can not put it on ramps for inspection. Don’t buy it.