Old 22nd February 2021, 09:33   #21
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Bean counters at their best .

Why make use of all the advancements in metallurgy & corrosion protection & the skill and knowledge of engineers when you can just make it look pretty, put loads of gizmo’s in it and spend a fortune on "Marketing and Advertising" (AKA something else to me ) and have the thing drop to bits after 8 years .

After all, that's a brilliant plan for getting repeat business. Especially if there's a massive "Club" where everyone knows the "rules" and all produce pretty much the same thing with the same lifespan.

Obviously, there's no sort of environmental impact in having to dig up loads of minerals to re-manufacture something that should still be going strong . Just come up with some more marketing words to say the new one is as green as green can be.

Perhaps I'm just getting old and cynical
New Jags are not pretty inside, they are (the ones I've gotten my hands on) god damn awful. Jaguar, I associate with class and being prestige. The are disappointing. I don't find a "black" interior befitting a prestige car, it is not class. Jaguars are not alone with "black" interiors, it is common across the industry.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote