View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2021, 15:34   #24
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Let's be honest folks, most of the car manufacturers do not want your car to last. So long as it outlasts their warranties (which are often not what you think that they are) they will be happy to sell you another car to replace it! I've heard of some cars which have started to rust through and the warranty was said to be invalid as it was in an area where salt and road gravel could get to!!! How many owners ever get under their vehicles to have a look? I often check sars for sale on the MOT check site and the number of "advisories" that don't get sorted between MOTs is shocking!
In the 50s and 60s cars rusted. Manufacturers cured this because we made a fuss. In the 70s and 80s they had dodgy cambelts, and then along came many electrics which we did not ask for, followed by sensors which cause more trouble than they are worth. Thus idiots keep returning to main dealers and the process starts again. No cars produced in the last 10 years will ever reach classic status, and don't get me started on electric vehicles! The fact that over 90% of all Rolls Royces and Bentley ever built are still on the road says it all.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote