View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2021, 20:43   #29
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

I have a Jaguar XF Diesel R -Sport 2018 model and have no trouble with it at all.. now on 37000 miles, everything works and a service every two years and low road tax £150 and does around 550 miles per tank of Derv.

I switch back and forth with my 330000 mile Rover 75 Diesel tourer ive also owned from new and thats still going also. I find the modern Jags ok and not problem ish..... its the second hand market which is the lemons issue......

The Jaguar XF R-sport is the 180 Brake horse power model and extremely quick even out of sport and Sport S auto mode. Drop it into Sport dynamic and the suspension solidifies and the handling is out of this world. In regards to interior i have a car with a slightly rare interior with black and white leather interior which are heated and cooled seats.

so i dont have the experience of Jaguars playing up all the time , mine certainly have not including my Jaguar XJ50 zero trouble with that too.

My Rover 75 is now starting to cost some revamp money, nothing too bad.. reverse light switch went last week, easy fix and whilst its in there.. i will get the thermostat done as thats now stuck open since that cold snap around two weeks back. I must say though zero welding on the R75 and i replaced all the suspension and the arms in 2019 and revamp all of it, best money i spent. It drives like a dream even now at 330.000 miles. The tail gate issues which club members raise alot, never had any trouble with mine and the tailgate window operates as it did when brand new.

I still keep the R75 on the road even though we have enough cars not to use it ever again... but i cant decommission her its like a family pet....... brought all the kids up in her all three of them and one of them is 20 years old now... I have pictures of the kids next to that car at the seaside standing only 2 feet tall, now two of my sons stand 6 foot 3 inches......i look back on the family albums....next to the seaside ......the Rover 75 is always there.... i just can't imagine life without the trusty ROVER 75 TOURER DIESEL.......EVER!!!

My sons drive two brand new MG3 cars and they have had zero trouble with them too, and surprisingly cheap to run and very good handling too .....as they have been brought up on British car marques

Last edited by Olde faithful; 23rd February 2021 at 20:47..
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote