View Single Post
Old 16th August 2023, 06:20   #3
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

No replies as yet, but good news.
I had a good close inspection around the fusebox/glove box/cd player yesterday. It seemed that when I pressed the Eject button for the magazine, there was a faint noise from the motor, showing power was reaching the unit. A close inspection followed, and I thought I could see the disc partially ejected to the magazine, so decided to remove the player from the car. On the bench, after removing the lid & facia (not an easy job) I saw the jammed disc. I managed to move the large gearwheel round with a screwdriver, which moved the cd to full injection. Plugging it back in, in a dismantled state, the magazine came out.
Re-assembly proved a tad difficult, so I retrieved a similar player from the shed and plugged that in. Success! the cd system was now working, and unbelievably, the satnav was too! I left it playing whilst I continued with the rebuild of the original; but after playing a few tracks the cd stopped. Luckily I had the got the original back together by then, so I put that back in. It worked fine and I had it running for quite some time while I tidied up.
However, for some reason this had flattened the battery - a new one in June.
Now I have another problem. Flat battery, on charge (down to 5v), an expired Mot, with a test booked for 8am, hope it starts ok.....
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote