View Single Post
Old 5th March 2016, 20:25   #5007
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Well as I had a nice package from Cossie Dunc , I decided to tackle the troublesome ZT UBP connection.

So the contacts were carefully teased from the plug housing, revealing the extent of the damage to the old housing..........

And then the replacement was prepared and fitted, sadly the retaining clip which is depressed to release the plug from the pump had been damaged by someone in the past so didn't inspire me with confidence

Anyway thanks to Keith supplying me with the third connector, tomorrow will see the ZT restored to full reliability

Note the second picture, there is a retaining clip for the contacts, this was absent in the original plug fitted to the ZT, this was the cause of the breakdown as there was an intermittent contact to the UBP, resolved with a tap to the UBP.

A misdiagnosis which could have cost a replacement UBP, but in fact only caused me to experiment with omission of the UBP and replacement of the innards of the tank with the later single pump setup.

Anyway, now returned to standard all that remains is to fit the new plug housing and normal service can resume

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote