View Single Post
Old 28th June 2019, 08:29   #8
Chuckles
Gets stuck in

NOW a Club Tourer was 1999 - 75 2.0Ltr Connoisseur SE petrol Saloon

How about this....? The car drove beautifully all day yesterday, including reversing etc.
After a reasonable run I came home for a cuppa After a short break I went to turn round in the yard, to go off to Bristol and .... no reverse!

Looking through the forums here it appears to be the reverse piston that has failed, a common traight on the earlier cars. It looks a relatively straight forward in car task but in all honesty I have neither the time or inclination to do it.

Looking at the comments in the following thread which is very helpful and descriptive; [https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...st+reverse]the repair could be very reasonable by a possible younger at heart enthusiast!

Therefore I have decided to sell it as it is. it is driveable but at your own risk. I do have a friendly recovery chap here who can deliver it.
It is too good (and rare) to break up but I will invite offers, probably around the £1000 mark with all the extras. That's well less than half the original asking price. My only comment is that I am happy it happened to me rather than the person that may have bought it beforehand.
Membership #1896
Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote