View Single Post
Old 12th September 2020, 17:20   #1
KeithA
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conny Tourer Auto

Default Front lower wishbones issue - poor fitting/parts?

Hi all.

Would appreciate some opinions here. Had a pair of lower wishbones bushes fitted quite recently, at the beginning of August, as they were mot advisories.

We now seem to have a little bit of a knock from driver's side - not sure if immediately after the above work, we're not driving much at the moment. It happens at slow speeds, sometimes turning and sometimes on rough ground (not speed bumps). It isn't that much of a knock.

First suspect for me was the drop link, but I can't detect any movement. So I raised that side onto stands and tried levering the wheel about a bit..... Couldn't find the knock, but noticed the wishbone bush on that side looks odd..... Picture attached.

Poor quality part separating and working rearwards? Is that a plastic inner? Or just poorly fitted?

It's clear where the bush was (or the original one was).

I'll upload pictures of the other side on the first reply, that looks ok to me and the inner appears metallic .... So 2 different parts it would appear.

(As a footnote I had asked them to fit the dgmrs ones, but they won't do customer supplied parts. )

Interested in your thoughts/comments.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk