View Single Post
Old 16th September 2020, 20:42   #44
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Yesterday after moving the car I noticed a damp patch on the floor, I had a look underneath and saw oil around the sump.
Today I removed the right hand wheel and pulled the arch liner back to be greeted by a bodge, someone had damaged the dip tube and / or the connector, so an unwanted job to address.

When I moved the car and pressed the brake pedal it went to the floor.
The servo appears to be working ok so I checked the vacuum pipe and that was intact.
I can only assume the master cylinder has had its day, fluid level hasnt moved and no visible signs of fluid on the floor or at the pipe joins or calipers.
I was expecting a seal or 2 on the calipers to go, maybe thats still to come.

The eml keeps coming on so checking again with the code reader, the same recurring faults are coming up, all can be traced to the wiring loom as one of the codes suggests faulty wiring.
Strangely this is why the car broke down in the beginning, a visual inspection of the loom confirms that again, a monkey has been fiddling about.
A replacement loom will sort this out once and for all.

All of the missing parts for the engine bay have been bought and fitted, new unless its nla, this is in keeping with the overall condition of the car.

I also got the jetwash out and had a blast on the underside of the engine and gearbox and was surprised at just how much dirt and dust was removed, it certainly looks alot nicer now.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote