View Single Post
Old 21st September 2021, 09:32   #2
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Evening members

With our cars getting old, there is often a need to measure voltage, current and resistance as part of fault-finding or confidence building activites. Although cheap multimeters can be purchased from around £7, they often lack quality and the test leads usually do not last long being of very poor quality - more plastic than rubber covering.

There is then the problem of knowing whether the item you receive is actually giving an accurate reading as it will be a cheaply produced unit with little or no post-production testing.

Following a currently live thread, I have looked into the purchase of a reasonable quality auto-ranging DVM with a good enough spec for routine tests on cars. The meter in question is this auto ranging unit. https://www.amazon.co.uk/goods4less-.../dp/B01L62MECM

If there is sufficient interest I can purchase a set, test for accuracy against my Fluke DVM as a reference and then post onwards. Provided a minimum of five people are interested this can be done for a total cost of £18.00 per unit including the onwards posting.

I am assuming this is within the club rules. If not, I am sure the mods will let me know and delete the thread (in which case my apologies in advance and thank you).

If you are interested and are giving a gentleman's commitment to pay up after I have purchased and tested the units, please add you name below.

I have no intention of running a business so this is a one-off activity.

DVM Spec sheet attached for your perusal. Attachment 86128

On reflection, I think this should probably be in the general section.
Good morning Maninder,
Could you add me to the your list.
Thanks.
David
DRWMGTF is offline   Reply With Quote