View Single Post
Old 12th May 2019, 08:06   #22
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
That’s my stumbling block, it’d be around a 200 mile road trip for me. MG has promised a Dealer in Inverness and it was in the local paper that it was impending but that was eight years ago. MG will put a demonstrator up to Arnold Clark and you can buy one but they can’t do the service work. A very very poor show by MG
But surely, unless the dealer is MG owned, it's down to someone else purchasing the dealer franchise?

I know when my wife purchased her ZS, the dealer had only just got the dealership and now a year down the line, there were a couple of issues regarding the servicing, but a couple of phone calls to the sales manager and things are sorted.

He did say that the issue is MG not being consistent and some parts of the UK business not talking to other parts etc., but you get this with lots of businesses.

People will hate them as they are Chinese built & owned, but if we were all the same, life would be boring. I think the fact that the UK is a very small market for MG is one reason that they are produced in China and shipped here.

The bottom line is, my wife loves her ZS, so that means I am happy

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote