View Single Post
Old 15th October 2019, 19:32   #1
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Default Recommend me a diesel estate for a daily driver

Don't shoot me down here, I love my ZT-T, but several little niggles and issues with it mean that I'm now very seriously considering updating it for something newer as a daily driver. I'd love to continue with the ZT-T in all honesty, but at 15 years old and 170k, I would really like something newer and more reliable to get me to work. I just don't have the time or money to spend on it to keep the MG in the condition it deserves. I'll probably keep the ZT-T as a weekend car, funds allowing.

I did briefly flirt with the idea of an electric car on a lease as 98% of my journeys are on a 50 mile round trip to work, but I do occasionally need to go further afield and I don't feel that the charging infrastructure is really in place for that for me to feel confident. Maybe one for the future.

Needs to be a diesel estate really for economy and practicality purposes.
In an ideal world I'd have a Jag XF estate, but as my budget is £5-6k at best, I think that's out of the window. So considering perhaps a Civic Tourer or a Focus estate. Won't have another Astra as the one I had years ago nearly bored me to death, not to mention having the worst seats of any car since the Fiat 126.

Anyway, I know you guys have a wealth of experience and I'd value your opinions
BigAde is offline   Reply With Quote