View Single Post
Old 16th October 2019, 08:12   #9
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Skoda and Audi A4... yes, all perfectly good options.

Having been in a few Superb estates (all airport run taxis) and they seem a very capable car and it ticks all the boxes in many ways. Just something about it leaves me a bit cold, not sure what it is... lack of character perhaps. That's something that I love about the 75/ZT... they have bags of character, are great to drive and are really nice places to be. You can be so forgiving of a car's shortcomings if you actually like the car in the first place

Much the same story with BMW/Audi... very nicely engineered cars, but a little sterile and lacking charm and character... and I don't like the 'aggressive male driver' image they have. I do like the R8 mind, that's a nice looking car.

I like Saabs, but have concerns about parts price and availability after talking to an owner of one. Similarly some Subarus appeal, but was shocked at the prices of some of the Subaru-only parts.

Sorry if I sound impossible to please, but there is still a lot of choice out there. Going to try to test drive a few options at the weekend to see if I can narrow it down. I can probably be persuaded into most things if it brings down my monthly costs (diesel and road tax).

Last edited by BigAde; 16th October 2019 at 08:15.. Reason: .
BigAde is offline   Reply With Quote