View Single Post
Old 17th June 2022, 15:19   #66
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
Presumably 6 years ago you were calling for the whole of the EU to be allowed to vote on Brexit?

I absolutely agree with mbev's sentiment, but it's already too late - the issue is already deeply divisive and will become worse. Brexit has been a perfect dress rehearsal for what is to come: those backing the status quo will complacently assume they will win and run an entirely inept campaign, then at the last minute realize they are heading for defeat and start making threats which will alienate many of the undecided. Meanwhile those pushing for change will come out with all sorts of unachievable fantasies about how good life will be outside, blame all the country's ills on the larger entity which they want to escape, and ignore the numerous valid questions about the practicalities of how it will (or, rather, won't) work. Given the perceived betrayal of No voters on the EU issue and general discontent with issues which are wrongly attributed to the Union, the Yes camp will attract much greater support this time and romp home to victory - which will be the cue for years (decades?) of acrimony and wrangling over all the resulting issues which no one wanted to discuss properly before the vote because the results would have been unpalatable.
The SNP have already been promising how fantastic independence will be and blaming Westminster for all the problems, past, present and future affecting Scotland and rUK. They are playing the media card a treat and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them.

For those on faceache I suggest having a read of the SNP's page, some of the comments are concerning.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote