Old 18th February 2020, 20:46   #5
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Any pics of what they looked like Dave?
Hi Dave. Never thought to take any pictures but to me, after seeing some of the glued up manifolds I have seen on here, mine was not to bad. Steve shone a torch into it and said it was not to bad for 108,000 miles.Johns was around the same for around 80,000 miles. The problem is that John, and really myself, mostly only do short journeys. 1 or 2 miles from home to the allotment, both of us only do short hops. The only time that they get their legs stretched really is if we go on holidays together. John drives over here, and I do the driving when we go continent hopping. John covers around 500-600 miles then. I cover around 1200-2000 miles when we go to France in the Loire or further .The map sensors were as I described them in the first post. When we go away, we each usually average around 50/52 mpg, that’s four up and a full boot, and I mean a full boot. Even when just Barb and I go on our own to Germany, we still get the same mpg with only half a boot full. Cruise around 80 occasionally going up to 90. Actually quite pleased the state of mine. MOT in March, and last year had a problem with emissions, so hoping to go straight through this year. Fingers crossed.