View Single Post
Old 12th November 2020, 10:46   #537
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Have to say I now regret introducing the very name Thalidomide into this thread. The context I intended and obviously hopelessly failed at was the introduction of supposed remedies for ailments and conditions that were considered not only advisable for diagnosed illnesses but also for the advance attacks from pernicious maladies where a commercial market was perceived.

This lead to an almighty rush to that market where other considerations were not being taken sufficiently into account! The effects were too serious to now go into detail on here. Anybody see any vague similarities here?

It was an easy sell, spot a gap in the market/go for it/get it on prescription. All that has changed is you will now have to pay £25 quid for it. Oh, and for something that protection is claimed but arguable, efficacy is a guess and unlimited repeat injections are necessary? If that was a car, who on here would queue to buy?

The deflection of my intent was made easy because I did not take enough trouble to safeguard against it and was to be expected I suppose but, come on, the in-depth extrapolation into an alphabet of horrors directly concerned with a later realisation of what the drug meant can only have the effect of proving the point!

Perhaps an awkward attempt at brevity plays into the hands of easy rebuttal. In my view it serves to strengthen the case.