View Single Post
Old 19th April 2021, 10:57   #4
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Your best solution is to take a paint sample, filler cap, mirror hood, to a good paint shop where they can match paint by both code and spectrophotometer.

My youngest son with the garage uses one to match paint on older cars and some newer ones where there are fading problems with usually reds and yellows being the culprit and a paint supplied by code only stands out against the faded paint or when a vehicle in the past has been painted in a custom colour, with no code available.

Or as he says, custom colour when he and my older son used to build and modify ' sheds ' was a case of ohhh I wonder what adding a drop of this that and the other will look like not measuring anything and just like cooking the same way, you can end up with a fantastic result, but wll never be able to repeat it.

They may also be able to tell you if it is actually X Power Grey or a variant and be able to supply the code for your actual paint.