View Single Post
Old 9th June 2019, 08:03   #367
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
................................................. Amazing friends. Matt & John brought there van down from Torquay. Paul brought his van down from Plympton. And Allen from his ZTT from Saltash. All to help me move. We loaded Leafy up with the small stuff, although managed to get a coffee table in plus one dining room chair.

Next all the mid sized furniture went into Paul's Tardis Fiat van. Amazing how much it took.
Then finally John reversed the workhorse in, none other than the reliable, Ford Transit. This van took all the large stuff. The Bear also had stuff already loaded in. But we left her at home. Parking is a bit tight around the new house. So with Leafy leading the convoy off we went. Parked up and the unload started.

At 5am yesterday morning I dismantled my bed. Quite straightforward. 6 bolts to remove the mattress support. The was easy but taking the frame apart was something else. The nuts were virtually inaccessible with a spanner. The only way I could undo the nuts was with a pair of long nosed pair of pliers. Only 4 to do but it took time. The spare bed slides in underneath. That slides out OK but as soon as you lift it up the spring loaded legs spring out. So the legs had to be tired to the frame.

So when the boys unloaded the beds I knew I would have to get it built so that I could go to bed. Got a Z bed as well to fall back on, excuse the pun, or just throw the mattresses on the floor.
Then it was tea break time. We sat outside on the decking in the sun and chatted. We decided to see if we could get Banana into the garage. I had already tried and had caught the mirror backing on the post. So back to AM RESTORATIONS to get that repainted. It was suggested that rather trying to reverse in was drive straight in. Banana fitted in OK, but I couldn't open the door wide enough to get out. We tried a couple of things. Had the approach to the garage been on the level then we might have got away with just pushing her in.

But the approach is rather steep uphill way in. So that is out of the question. So we brought Banana back out and parked her back into her allocated parking spot. We'll temporary place a fleece lined cover over her. The plan is now is to get the council to drop the kerb, take out a section of the hedge and put a ramps in and park Banana in the back garden. Got lots of room. Then put up one of those portable garages. So at least she will be protected from the elements.
So the garage will be used for storage. Was going to use the greenhouse to store stuff. But no need now. Will use it for the purposes of being a greenhouse.

Allen and Paul went back to the old house to bring the last few bits back plus take the bookcase back. You should have heard the colourful language that Paul came out with when Allen told him the news.
They were soon back with my fridge freezer although there is a built in one in the new house I thought I could use the old one as well. But everyone agreed it should go and live in the garage and used as a spare wine and cider store. So that has now to be moved again.
Then more tea was required.
After the chaps helped to move the heavy stuff around. And then it was to say our goodbyes.
And they were all gone, leaving me to start sorting the stuff out.

To be continued.

Thanks for the kind comments and pm's Means a lot to me.
Good Morning Peeps.
We have sunshine here in Radcliffe at the moment how long it will last, any ones guess.
Well done Bob you have some good buddies there, the portable garage you mentioned I have Dereks car parked up in one from a company in Denmark called Dancover, so far it has coped with all sorts of some serious weather, might be worth a thought.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote