View Single Post
Old 29th January 2021, 12:54   #1
Kamil93
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Default FBH Parking heater mystery and questions

Hello all,

First I have simply used remote switch into pin 1 to start the FBH before I get to car with the fob. On the fob Press A button turn on, press button B to turn off. To turn this off without needing of remember to press OFF button. I tapped a wire into existing one into ignition barrel loom. Once I start the car - the remote switch turn off and the FBH will continue in operation controlled by ambient sensor. INSTEAD - the FBH will start the shut down slowly and then to start again. This takes a lot of time and I believe its not good for the FBH itself.

Later I added a DPDT relay to operate ATC panel. Works fine. But in the end I expected the FBH to turn off as soon as it reached the required temperature (77C I believe). INSTEAD the FBH turned off and started again immediately. (in this point the temp gauge was in 1/4).The cabin was pretty warm already. After about 40 mins of heating.

In the auxillary mod the FBH works without any troubles.

So I have troubles with shutting down it properly I guess. It will drain my battery like this. I need to count on it.

I've been throught tons of how to's and pdf's found there (perfect things ) before installation and after but I must still miss something.

None of the how to's mentioned this kind of trouble or what to check.

Any suggestions please ? How it's supposed to work in the proper way ?

I hope that my post is understable. i will provide any other information if needed.

My suspects are: the remote switch operation or connection.
The Gates thermostat mod added into top hose leaving the old one dead in place.
Providing +12V using pin 1 (test mode ?)
Missing something else.

Thanks

Last edited by Kamil93; 29th January 2021 at 13:24..
Kamil93 is offline   Reply With Quote