View Single Post
Old 18th August 2021, 20:59   #10
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

thanks simon.will be interesting to note. i have my reservations though that they will still be out of alignment. the tools have too much play when located into the fronts of the camshaft slots , the valve spring tensions will exploit this play. also play in the belts to teeth on the rears dont help either. maybe the sole purpose of these rear notched marks are to give you your outboard or inboard position to the crank pin (so as not to be out of rotation sequence) and to give you approx location for the toothed belts one tooth each side of the camshaft keys. maybe they are not supposed to align perfectly at this stage but are indeed set by the keyway positions after the front tool positions are set. the keyways may be rolled further round on the camshafts for this purpose and require secondry adjustments as per the keyway rotation needed. it may all seem a little inaccurate but it works and works well. i have not seen the 190 rear mark notches when changing belts but suspect they will be slightly out visually as per the standard kv6. ... let us know simon ...
xsport is online now   Reply With Quote